Surprise Health & Rehabilitation Center in Surprise, AZ, is seeking a dynamic therapist to lead our ambitious in-house therapy team as the Director of Rehab, as the current DOR will be continuing his leadership journey and moving into an Administrator in Training role with us.
Surprise Health and Rehabilitation Center (SHARC) is a 100 bed, all skilled, all private room facility that opened in the fall of 2019. Since its opening, they have grown from 1 patient to a full census of 100 with a 33 bed airway unit including vent and trach patients, and an additional 75 non-airway skilled patients. Surprise Health and Rehab prides itself in being a high volume, high acuity facility with a collaborative approach to care, and is a CMS 5 star rated facility. The therapy department consists of 18 full time clinicians: 8 PT staff, 8 OT staff and 2 full time SLPs, ranging from 39 years of clinical experience to 6 months. Culture, clinical excellence, and personal growth have been paramount to the success of SHARC and the therapy department, which has developed 2 DORs for our region.
Surprise, AZ is a sprawling suburban city that is located in the northwest Phoenix Metropolitan area, just 45 minutes from Downtown Phoenix and the Sky Harbor International Airport. Residents who live here enjoy the small-town feel with big-city amenities that only Surprise can offer. From community celebrations, art galleries and cultural experiences, to regional festivals, our multigenerational city has something for everyone. Each spring, our population explodes when we welcome the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers during the Cactus League Spring Training! Our contiguity to the Phoenix Metropolitan area also provides residents and visitors opportunities to experience all that a bustling metropolis has to offer including world-renowned shopping and dining, concert and sports venues, theatres, adventure excursions and more!
Geographically, Surprise is bounded by the expansive White Tank Mountain range to the west and the beautiful Sonoran Desert and Lake Pleasant Regional Park to the north. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy that hiking, fishing and camping are within a 20-minute drive when living in or visiting Surprise. Plus, Surprise’s proximity to scenic cities like Sedona, Prescott and Flagstaff, the always-open city of Las Vegas, Nevada, and the beaches and mega-metropolises in California mean that day-trips and weekend getaways are a road trip reality!
- Licensed PT, OT, SLP, PTA or OTA
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PPS preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Pay rates are competitive and based on various factors. Rates noted as “estimated” are established by job posting websites and may not reflect actual pay rates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.