- This event has passed.
Ki Mobility a Wheelchair Education Day - UT
March 11 @ 8:30 am – 3:30 pm PST
Ki Mobility is pleased to offer 5 continuing Education courses. These courses are approved by NRRTS, The National Registry of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers, and Texas Occupational Therapy Association and Texas Physical Therapy Association.
Each course is 1 hour in length and worth 1 Education Unit (.1 CEU) They will be offered consecutively on Saturday March 11, 2023. We ask that you please select 1 or all of the courses you would like to attend. You do NOT need to attend all 5 courses for CEU. See courses Below:
Check in and registration will begin Promptly at 8:30am and the day will conclude at 3:30pm
Lunch and snacks will be provided
- 9:00am-10:00am Wheelchair Cushion Science in a Nutshell: A Primer on the Science that should be Driving your Clinical Choices.
- 10:10am-11:10am Tilting the Odds: Manual Tilt to Improve Rehabilitation Outcomes.
- 11:20am-12:20pm How Do People Actually Use Their Manual Wheelchairs, and what Really Matters
- Break for Lunch
- 1:10pm-2:10pm The Wheelchair Story – The Impact of Wheels and Tires on Manual Wheelchair Propulsion Efficiency
- 2:20pm-3:20pm Optimizing a Wheelchair: Using the Technology to Ensure Ongoing Success
Instructor: Curt Prewitt, MS, PT, ATP – Curt Prewitt is Director of Education for Ki Mobility. He has a BS in Exercise Physiology and an MS in Physical Therapy from the University of Colorado. Curt practiced as a physical therapist in a number of settings for a few years, most prominently in long term care, where he gained experience with seating and wheeled mobility. He transitions from a practicing therapist to a manufacturer’s representative eventually moving into sales management and focusing on complex rehab technology. After over 18 years in the industry he started the clinical education department at Ki Mobility in 2017, and in his role as director, he has presented numerous continuing professional education courses across the US and internationally.
SEE ATTACHED FLYER FOR QR CODE OR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION