SPEECH/LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST – GROSSMONT POST ACUTE CARE – LA MESA, CA
PART TIME: Monday thru Friday, 4 hrs/day
Practice to the top of your license! Clinical development, career growth, and work life balance!
- In house therapy – job stability, growing company
- Clinical mentorship – job shadowing
- Leadership development
- Clinical and Program development
- Work life balance- flex schedule –competitive benefits
- Strong infection control to prevent COVID and keep staff/residents safe
- Excellent CF Supervisor – if needed
Grossmont Post Acute Care of La Mesa, CA, is a skilled nursing facility with long term care, post-acute rehab, and geriatric outpatient therapy services provided. We have a 5 STAR Medicare Quality and Joint Commission Accredited Rating and have been excelling in therapeutic rehabilitation for over 35 years. As part of our team you will enjoy a work environment not ruled by corporate red tape, highly competitive compensation and many career growth opportunities with a growing organization.
Visit BuildingTherapyLeaders.com and find out why we are truly different in dignifying long term care.
- Every facility has an in-house therapy team – no contract therapy company. All department teams work for the facility and share the same goals
- Each facility is independently operated with local leadership and no corporate red tape
- Decisions made at the facility for the facility staff and community needs
- Core Values (CAPLICO): Customer Second, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Celebration, Ownership. These values are the core of who we are as an organization and shared among all affiliated facilities
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
This position is open to SLPs at all experience levels.
Some of the duties for this position will include:
- Effectively screens/evaluates patients and/ with communication, cognitive or swallowing disorders and develops appropriate plan of care following all regulatory and clinical practice standards.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with communication, cognitive and/or swallowing disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes for effectiveness. Services are modified in relation to patient evaluation and referrals are made in relation to outcomes.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the speech disorders.
- Provides comprehensive discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.