$5,000 sign on bonus This Full Time Speech Language Pathologist/CFY position will be split between two facilities Premier Care Center in Palm Springs and Desert Mountain Care Center in Indio.
Desert Mountain Care Center in Indio, CA, is currently seeking a full time Speech Language Pathologist/CFY to join its fun, in-house therapy team.
As part of this amazing team of clinicians, you will have opportunities for training and continuing education in Think Thin/dysphagia, Abilities Care and dementia, stroke and neuro rehabilitation, and respiratory/COVID recovery programs. Here are a few more reasons to consider joining us!
“One of the things I most appreciate about being part of an Ensign affiliate is the empowerment to practice at the highest level of our licensure. We are encouraged and supported to grow programs, further our training in the areas of our passion, and to love on our patients in a way that we are uniquely equipped to do. We are able to take ownership within our facilities to make positive changes that affect the lives of the ones we care for on a daily basis.” Tiffany D. Bishop MS, CCC-SLP- Legend Greenville
“I love being a speech-language pathologist for an Ensign affiliate. I am able to make a difference in the lives of our residents with dementia by identifying their remaining capabilities, training staff for what they are and how to maximize them in their daily routines and leisure activities, thereby returning purpose to the residents’ lives. Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist.” Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP – The Garrison
“As a current Ensign affiliate employee of 6 years, I am genuinely proud to be a part of such a great company. Ensign affiliates treat staff and patients like family. I wouldn’t want to work for anyone else.” Carly Peevers, M.S. CCC-SLP, Rosewood Rehabilitation, Reno, NV
“Ensign affiliates have cultivated a culture of “employee first” that really emphasizes mental health and work/life balance. Management works hard to create a cohesive therapy team that focuses on inclusion and teamwork that makes it a pleasure to come to work every day.” Danielle Long, M.S. CCC-SLP
In addition to a professionally rewarding work setting, Premier Care and Desert Mountain can also offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as many opportunities for career growth.
Desert Mountain Care Center receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
Some of the duties for this position will include:
- Effectively screens/evaluates patients and/ with communication, cognitive or swallowing disorders and develops appropriate plan of care following all regulatory and clinical practice standards.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with communication, cognitive and/or swallowing disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes for effectiveness. Services are modified in relation to patient evaluation and referrals are made in relation to outcomes.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the speech disorders.
- Provides comprehensive discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.