DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION for OUTPATIENT SERVICES – Village Healthcare & Rehabilitation – McAllen, TX
Occupational, Physical or Speech Therapist
Village Healthcare & Rehabilitation is seeking a full time PT, OT or SLP to serve as the Director of Rehabilitation for our Outpatient Department. We are seeking someone who is passionate about their profession and takes pride in the work they do! We are a busy skilled nursing facility with an entire operational team hugely committed to therapy.
As the Director of Outpatient Services you will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with current and prospective outpatient referral sources by completing face-to-face meetings with physicians, office managers, referral coordinators, and individuals in the community. You will educate these individuals on the services our facility offers, discuss patient care, referrals, and thank them for existing referrals. As an Evaluating Therapist, you will be treating older adults in our skilled nursing facility as well as in the community. In return, we can offer you the opportunity to build something great, the support you need to make it happen, unlimited career growth opportunity, a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, paid CEU’s and the opportunity to make a significant difference in people’s lives.
- Build and strengthen relationships with current and prospective referral sources by completing face-to-face meetings with physicians, office managers, referral coordinators, and individuals in the community.
- Identify and market to local primary and specialty physicians to address their patients outpatient therapy needs.
- Assist with coordinating community events, public relations campaigns, or specialty marketing campaigns
- Manage outpatient therapy schedule to establish and maintain POC as well as coordinate with other therapists to reschedule any missed visits.
- Provide therapy services to long-term care, skilled in-patient, and outpatients within the facility.
- Provide therapy services in the outpatients’ homes, group home, ALF/ILF
- Licensed Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
- Experience in marketing in healthcare is optional, but preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport
- Outgoing and personable
- Willingness to become involved in local community events
- Minimum of 1 year experience in SNF and/or home health
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.