PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT – McAllen Transitional Care – McAllen, TX
McAllen Transitional Care is seeking a Full Time PTA to join our in-house therapy team. If you are passionate about providing great care, building effective therapy programs to enhance our patient’s recovery and potential, and want to be part of a dynamic and high energy team, this could be the position for you!
- In house therapy – job stability, growing company
- Clinical mentorship – job shadowing
- Leadership development
- Clinical and Program development
- Work life balance- flex schedule –competitive benefits
- Strong infection control to prevent COVID and keep staff/residents safe
- Highly competitive compensation and other professional development opportunities.
McAllen Transitional Care is a skilled nursing facility with long term care, post-acute rehab, and geriatric outpatient therapy services provided. We provide a work environment free of corporate red tape where you have ownership of your program paired with excellent clinical and operational support. We invite you to apply and meet our amazing group of therapy leaders to learn more about this fun and challenging opportunity!
- Every facility has an in-house therapy team – no contract therapy company. All department teams work for the facility and share the same goals
- Each facility is independently operated with local leadership and no corporate red tape
- Decisions made at the facility for the facility staff and community needs
- Core Values (CAPLICO): Customer Second, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Celebration, Ownership. These values are the core of who we are as an organization and shared among all affiliated facilities
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: manual techniques; ambulation; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc. Under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Assesses patient’s progress and communicates with supervising Physical Therapist to adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Provides input to supervisor for discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
Prior experience in a skilled nursing setting is preferred but new grads welcome!
Pay rates are competitive and based on various factors. Rates noted as “estimated” are established by job posting websites and may not reflect actual pay rates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.