Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
$18.00-$24.00 per hour
Northbrook Healthcare Center in beautiful Northern California is currently seeking full time and part time CNA’s for both day and night shifts. We are proud of our small 5 Star Medicare Rated facility and our warm and caring staff.
As part of an Ensign affiliated skilled nursing facility, you will enjoy an amazing culture that includes core values of customer second (employees first!) and love one another. We provide competitive hourly wages, excellent benefits and paid time off, the option to be paid daily, and a comprehensive orientation program. If you love helping people and being part of a dedicated team, join us in providing meaningful and rewarding care to our deserving residents and enjoy small town life in the charming town of Willits.
This position requires graduation from an accredited CNA program as well as a current CNA Certificate and CPR certificate. Some of the duties will include:
- Greet residents and escort them to their room.
- Inventory and mark the resident’s personal possessions as instructed.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty.
- Assist residents with personal care
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
- Change dressings, bandages, binders, etc., as instructed.
- Provide eye and ear care (i.e., warm/cold compresses, eye/ear instillation, cleaning eyeglasses/hearing aides, etc.) as instructed.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Prepare residents for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, comb hair, raise bed, position tables, place bibs, take to/from dining room, etc.).
- Serve food trays. Assist with feeding as indicated (i.e., cutting foods, feeding, assist in dining room supervision, etc.).
- Participate in appropriate in-service training programs prior to performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Inform the nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any changes in the resident’s condition so that appropriate information can be entered on the resident’s care plan.
- Ensure that you treat all residents fairly, and with kindness, dignity, and respect.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2023-02-23