Director of Rehabilitation – Full Time
Our expanding network of independently owned and operated healthcare facilities is growing in Austin, Texas, and we are scouting for excellent therapists to join us. Help us build something great in Austin as an exceptional Director of Rehabilitation. We are seeking an experienced PT, OT, or SLP to serve as the head of the therapy department of our in-house team of healthcare professionals. In return for your dynamic leadership and strong clinical focus, we can offer you a highly competitive annual salary plus an incentive bonus which is paid monthly. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous paid time off and paid continuing education.
Our facilities receive support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has come to life in these facility teams and is evident in the ownership, passion, and celebration found in their departments every day. In addition, Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities.
- Licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PPS preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare A rehab cases under the PPS system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics, to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-11-19