Monte Vista Hills Healthcare Center in Pocatello, ID, is seeking a PT, OT or SLP therapy leader to help expand our rehabilitation services and to help continue to grow our programs in Abilities Care dementia, LSVT BIG Parkinson’s, and our outpatient programs. Monte Vista has huge potential to become the rehab provider of choice in its area. In exchange for your professional passion, mindful leadership and clinical excellence, we can offer you a great in-house therapy team to work with, excellent clinical and operational support from our local therapy resource, and freedom from corporate red tape and middle management . In addition, we offer comprehensive benefits, paid CEU’s, a highly competitive salary plus a leadership incentive program paid monthly.
Monte Vista Hills Healthcare Center receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities. We have been in-house with therapy for many years which gives us a significant edge going into the current payment model changes. Our therapy and nursing teams work collaboratively to ensure outstanding outcomes for our patients.
The Facility Rehabilitation Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility’s rehabilitation department to include supervision of the rehab staff and all related administrative duties. This position is classified as a salaried-exempt position and warrants that the facility rehab department needs a full time director with at least 50% of the time allocated to the management of the department.
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare A rehab cases under the PDPM system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics, to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
Licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PDPM preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Monte Vista Hills Healthcare Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-11-17