San Antonio Texas
We are seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist to join our in house therapy team at Northeast Rehabilitation & Healthcare, located in the heart of San Antonio, TX. We have an amazing in-house therapy team here, and they are doing great things in their programming and with their residents. We see a diverse mix of orthopedic, neurological and cognitive disorders and many of our patients are returning to home. In return for your clinical excellence and professional passion we can offer you highly competitive compensation, an atmosphere where you are respected as a therapist and many career growth opportunities.
Northeast Rehabilitation & Healthcare receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Effectively screens/evaluates patients and/ with cognitive and/or ADL physical functioning disorders and develops appropriate plan of care following all regulatory and clinical practice standards.
- Utilizes standardized assessments and evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with cognitive and/or ADL physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: ADL retraining; therapeutic activities; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc.
- Assesses patient’s progress and adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes for effectiveness. Services are modified in relation to patient evaluation and referrals are made in relation to outcomes.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, barriers, and treatment plans.
- Provides comprehensive discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- This position is open to OTs at all experience levels.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-09-27