Stable Full Time Position! Occupational Therapist (OT)
Practice to the highest level of your license!
We are excited to welcome Skyline Transitional Care of Boise, Idaho, to our network of affiliated facilities! Skyline is a charming 80 bed skilled nursing and post-acute rehabilitation facility with a ton of potential.
As an OT at Skyline, you will have many paid continuing education and leadership development opportunities. We are considering Abilities Care, LSVT, a community dementia support group and Parkinson’s support group, as well as future outpatient programs.
Our therapy leader, Kristin Ryther, is a transfer from one of our Texas affiliates, and has been part of our organization for two years. She has always been a natural leader in all aspects of her life and when she had the opportunity to become a therapy program manager, she jumped at the chance to be a multiplier and rise by lifting others. As a leader in our organization, Kristin has been able to facilitate many dreams for both patients and her team members. She is a fierce believer in CAPLICO and building facility level culture as well as encouraging her team to build something great in their own community.
Kristin is inspired to build the program at Skyline from the ground up. As a new acquisition, it is a clean slate and the team will be able to create and define the treatment approaches, specialized programs, community outreach and culture that fits the facility team and needs of the residents in the best possible way.
We can offer a stable in-house therapy team to work with, consistent and full time hours, a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and opportunities to grow as a clinician and as a leader through specialized training and continuing education in our expanding organization.
Skyline Transitional Care receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Occupational Therapist
This position is open to OTs at all experience levels.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within 48 hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Comply with the Occupational Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-12-03