Laguna Woods California
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT – PART TIME – LAGUNA WOODS, CA
Palm Terrace Healthcare Center of Laguna Woods, CA, is currently seeking a part time OTA to join our fun and hard working therapy team.
- Work life balance with a flexible schedule
- Competitive part-time benefits
- In house therapy team – job stability, growing company
- Have your input matter on team program development
- Strong infection control to keep staff/residents safe
Palm Terrace Healthcare Center is a skilled nursing facility with long term care, post-acute rehab, and geriatric outpatient therapy services provided. We are proud of our beautiful facility and grounds as well as our spacious and well equipped gym, ADL spaces and programs in cardio pulmonary wellness..
Visit BuildingTherapyLeaders.com and find out why we are truly different in dignifying long term care.
- Every facility has an in-house therapy team – no contract therapy company. All department teams work for the facility and share the same goals
- Each facility is independently operated with local leadership and no corporate red tape
- Decisions made at the facility for the facility staff and community needs
- Core Values (CAPLICO): Customer Second, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Celebration, Ownership. These values are the core of who we are as an organization and shared among all affiliated facilities
Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant
This position is open to OTAs at all experience levels. New Grads Welcome!
Some of the required duties for this position include:
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements under the supervision and direction of an Occupational Therapist.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: manual techniques; ambulation; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc. Under the supervision and direction of an Occupational Therapist.
- Assesses patient’s progress and communicates with supervising Occupational Therapist to adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Provides input to supervisor for discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-10-05