Des Moines Iowa
Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
The Rehabilitation Center of Des Moines, IA, is seeking a PRN COTA to join our in-house therapy team. We seek great clinicians who are interested in developing and implementing programs and providing excellent therapy services to our patients. In return, we can offer an in-house work environment where you will be respected and valued as a clinician along with a competitive compensation package and continuing education.
The Rehabilitation Center of Des Moines receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Treat patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist and adhere to facility documentation guidelines
- Record treatments given and progress notes in medical record
- Assist in maintaining department
- Participate in Patient Care and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Participate in training programs for other staff in the facility
- Record treatment charges per the facility policy and procedures
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program
Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant
This position is open to therapists at all experience levels
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-12-03