Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Legacy Rehabilitation and Living in Amarillo, TX, is recruiting for a full time PTA to join our in house therapy team. We are a comprehensive healthcare provider in Amarillo offering rehabilitation therapy, skilled nursing and long-term care. We see a diverse mix of orthopedic, neurological and cognitive disorders and are proud of our newly remodeled therapy department and gym. In return for your clinical knowledge and professional passion we can offer you a work environment where you will be valued as a therapy professional, a highly competitive hourly rate and many career growth opportunities.
Legacy Rehabilitation and Living receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Treat patients as directed by the Physical Therapist and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Record treatments given and progress notes in medical record.
- Assist in maintaining department.
- Participate in Patient Care and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Participate in in service training programs for other staff in the facility.
- Record treatment charges per the facility policy and procedures.
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
This position is open to PTAs at all experience levels
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Legacy Rehabilitation and Living is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-05-31