Physical Therapist Assistant – PRN – Harlingen, TX
Veranda Rehabilitation and Care Center invites you to join our fun and energetic team as a PRN PTA. We have an amazing in-house therapy team here in the heart of southern Texas near the beautiful Gulf and we are doing great things in our programming and with our residents. We see a diverse mix of orthopedic, neurological and cognitive disorders, and many of our patients are returning to home. We are proud of our spacious remodeled therapy gym and our outdoor therapy patio, and our entire operational team is hugely committed to therapy in this facility. In return for your clinical excellence and professional passion we can offer you a highly competitive hourly rate and many career growth opportunities.
Veranda Rehabilitation and Care receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
This position is open to PTAs at all experience levels
Some of the job duties for this position include:
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: manual techniques; ambulation; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc. Under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Assesses patient’s progress and communicates with supervising Physical Therapist to adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Provides input to supervisor for discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2023-01-10