“I love being a speech-language pathologist for an Ensign affiliate. I am able to make a difference in the lives of our residents with dementia by identifying their remaining capabilities, training staff for what they are and how to maximize them in their daily routines and leisure activities, thereby returning purpose to the residents’ lives. Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist.” Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP – The Garrison…
“As a current Ensign affiliate employee of 6 years, I am genuinely proud to be a part of such a great company. Ensign affiliates treat staff and patients like family. I wouldn’t want to work for anyone else.” Carly Peevers, M.S. CCC-SLP, Rosewood Rehabilitation, Reno, NV…“Ensign affiliates have cultivated a culture of “employee first” that really emphasizes mental health and work/life balance. Management works hard to create a cohesive therapy team that focuses on inclusion and teamwork that makes it a pleasure to come to work to work every day.” Danielle Long, M.S. CCC-SLP …
“Working for an Ensign affiliate has allowed me to provide cutting edge treatments and programs that I’ve always known but have been unable to carry-out in other places. My facility has been able to identify my strengths as a therapist and encouraged me to pursue those strengths and provide training to others in those areas. Pursuing my passions and achieving professional growth have made such an impact on my career as a Speech-Pathologist.” Jayna Owens MS, CCC-SLP – DOR Legend New Braunfels …
“Working as an SLP for an Ensign affiliate has brought me such joy. The opportunities we have with programming and resources help us to provide the absolute best patient care to our residents. We have the opportunity to treat a broad range of patients with many co-morbidities following a traumatic event in their lives, and help them to restore as much function as possible, while also having the opportunity to experience the community of a long term care facility in which many of our patients call home. We are able to follow our residents with dementia and cognitive deficits throughout the stages of disease progression and be there to provide our specialized skills and care with them and their family every step of the way. Working in a therapy department with Ensign becomes like working with family, and there’s truly nothing better than that.” Cara Koepsel MS, CCC-SLP DOR Golden Acres Living & Rehabilitation
Our facilities receive support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Big & Loud, and other opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Effectively screens/evaluates patients and/ with communication, cognitive or swallowing disorders and develops appropriate plan of care following all regulatory and clinical practice standards.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with communication, cognitive and/or swallowing disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes for effectiveness. Services are modified in relation to patient evaluation and referrals are made in relation to outcomes.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the speech disorders.
- Provides comprehensive discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-08-09