“I love being a speech-language pathologist for an Ensign affiliate. I am able to make a difference in the lives of our residents with dementia by identifying their remaining capabilities, training staff for what they are and how to maximize them in their daily routines and leisure activities, thereby returning purpose to the residents’ lives. Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist.” Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP – The Garrison…
“Working for an Ensign affiliate has allowed me to provide cutting edge treatments and programs that I’ve always known but have been unable to carry-out in other places. My facility has been able to identify my strengths as a therapist and encouraged me to pursue those strengths and provide training to others in those areas. Pursuing my passions and achieving professional growth have made such an impact on my career as a Speech-Pathologist.” Jayna Owens MS, CCC-SLP – DOR Legend New Braunfels …
“Working as an SLP for an Ensign affiliate has brought me such joy. The opportunities we have with programming and resources help us to provide the absolute best patient care to our residents. We have the opportunity to treat a broad range of patients with many co-morbidities following a traumatic event in their lives, and help them to restore as much function as possible, while also having the opportunity to experience the community of a long term care facility in which many of our patients call home. We are able to follow our residents with dementia and cognitive deficits throughout the stages of disease progression and be there to provide our specialized skills and care with them and their family every step of the way. Working in a therapy department with Ensign becomes like working with family, and there’s truly nothing better than that.” Cara Koepsel MS, CCC-SLP DOR Golden Acres Living & Rehabilitation
- Evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-01-12