Speech Therapist - River PointeRiver Pointe
Speech/Language Pathologist - Full Time
Our expanding network of independently owned and operated healthcare facilities is growing in Southeast TX, and we are scouting for a full time SLP to join our inhouse therapy team at River Pointe of Trinity Healthcare and Rehabilitation. If you are passionate about providing great care, building effective therapy programs to enhance our patient’s recovery and potential, and want to be part of a dynamic and high energy team, this could be the position for you! In return, we can offer a highly competitive compensation package. We offer comprehensive benefits including paid CEU’s and other professional development opportunities. Most importantly, we can provide a work environment free of corporate red tape where you have ownership of your program paired with excellent clinical and operational support. We invite you to apply and meet our amazing group of therapy leaders to learn more about this fun and challenging opportunity!
River Pointe of Trinity receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within 48 hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
6805-TX FT - Published 2021-10-01 18:10:46 (Updated 2021-10-07 23:17:39)
Back to jobs list