The SPARC (Scholarship Program And Recognition Campaign) Scholarship is inspired by its namesake and the sense of liveliness and excitement that therapy students and new graduates bring to Ensign-affiliated facilities and in-house therapy programs. With this scholarship program, we are deliberately seeking out those individuals who ignite a desire for excellence in themselves, their patients, their colleagues and co-workers.
- $2,000.00 will be awarded to one student each quarter.
- The criteria will include demonstrated academic performance, volunteer and other extra-curricular activities pertaining to healthcare, academic and character references, and how well the essay portion of the application demonstrates individual excellence.
- Each scholarship will be awarded to a PT, OT, SLP, PTA or OTA student currently enrolled in an accredited therapy program and within 12 months of graduation.
- The scholarship funds will be disbursed to the selected student within one month of the application deadline.
The Application (below) must be completed prior to each quarterly deadline.
Q1 – March 20
Q2 – June 20
Q3 – September 20
Q4 – December 20
The Essay must be submitted as part of the application and will be less than 2500 words addressing the following:
How do you envision using your education and training to be a spark in the lives of your patients?
Essay theme examples:
- How will your passion for learning contribute to your patient’s well- being?
- How will you be accountable as a therapy professional?
- If you had freedom from corporate limitations in healthcare, what would you create for your patients?
- How would you incorporate evidence based practice into your daily routine?