Abilities Care Course- Texas
REGISTER NOW THROUGH FLAGSHIPTHERAPY.COM
Rehabilitation & Communication for Patients with Neurocognitive Impairments
REGISTRATION CLOSES October 2, 2023, 10:00 PM
October 28th, 2023 9:00 8:30AM to 5:00 PM
This training consists of 3 parts – You must complete all three parts for Education Credit.
The course begins with a MANDATORY 30 minute Live WebEx on October 5th, 2023 from 12:15pm-12:45pm – once registration closes each attendee will be emailed a link to attend the Live WebEx. Following the WebEx you will be assigned self-study courses through your LMS. You must complete and pass the post test before the live in person course on October 28, 2023.
Self-Study Access through the LMS – Rise Levels 1-4 (Once registered at BuildingTherapyLeaders.com these will be assigned in your training profile) (2 hours)
- Applying the remaining Abilities of Individuals with dementia Early Stage
- Applying the remaining Abilities of Individuals with dementia Middle Stage
- Applying the remaining Abilities of Individuals with dementia Late Stage
- Applying the remaining Abilities of Individuals with dementia End Stage
Each session will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete – You must pass the posttest and complete the evaluation to be considered complete.
The Live in Person part of the course will be on Saturday October 28, 2023 – Hurst Conference Center, 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst, TX 76054
Course Overview: During this course, participants will engage in small group activities, discussion, lecture, and case studies to examine the impact of neurocognitive impairments on the rehabilitation process and daily functioning of patients with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Participants will identify the remaining abilities and challenges of persons in all stages of dementia and identify effective stage-specific intervention approaches. Participants will learn effective techniques for managing the behavioral and communication challenges common to each stage of dementia.
- PT Will earn 8 Education Units (.8 CEUs)
- OT will earn 8 Education Units (.8 CEUs)
- SLP will earn .8 ASHA CEUs
- Kelly Alvord, PT, CEEAA, CDP, CLT
- Patty Fantauzzo, COTA/L
- Jayna Owens, SLP