Bainbridge Island Washington
Bainbridge Island Health & Rehabilitation is recruiting for a Full Time PT to join the therapy department of our in-house team of healthcare professionals. This facility is Kitsap County’s hidden gem located at our beautiful Bainbridge Island location which requires a ferry ride from Seattle. This facility is part of Ensign’s family of successful operations in Washington State and offers both inpatient and outpatient programs. As part of our team you will enjoy a stable work environment not ruled by corporate red tape, highly competitive compensation and many career growth opportunities with a growing organization. FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE, INNOVATIVE OUTPATIENT OPPORTUNITY PARTNERING WITH ALFS in addition to inpatient clients, LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.
Bainbridge Island Health & Rehabilitation receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and/or Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice act and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Comply with the Physical Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility policy and procedures
Licensed Physical Therapist
This position is open to PTs at all experience levels.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-11-12