Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Northern Oaks Living & Rehabilitation Center in Abilene, TX is seeking a full time PTA to join our fun and dynamic in house therapy team. We are a charming skilled rehab facility in Abilene with a busy geriatric caseload and a diverse mix of cognitive, orthopedic and neurological diagnoses. We care about the WHOLE you. Ask us about our competitive compensation package, career development, continuing education and mind-body-spirit wellness programs!
Northern Oaks receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
This position is open to PTAs at all experience levels.
Some of the job duties for this position include:
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: manual techniques; ambulation; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc. Under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Assesses patient’s progress and communicates with supervising Physical Therapist to adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Provides input to supervisor for discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2022-12-01