- Evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech‑Language Pathologist and student programs.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-08-11