Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center of Tucson, AZ is seeking a full time Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our therapy team. We have an amazing in-house therapy team and a beautiful facility. New grads are welcome and will be offered excellent support and opportunity for career growth. Enjoy a diverse and interesting patient population with a good mix of orthopedic and neurological conditions as well as working in our growing outpatient program. As part of our team you will experience a unique anti-corporate culture with an emphasis on evidence based practice, continuing education, and program development. We can also offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and continuing professional growth opportunities.
We have been in-house with therapy for many years which gives us a significant edge going into the current payment model changes. Our therapy and nursing teams work collaboratively to ensure outstanding outcomes for our patients. While some companies are preparing for layoffs or demanding outrageous productivity levels, we are gearing up for even more amazing rehab programs.
Pueblo Springs receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Comply with the Occupational Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
Licensed Occupational Therapist
This position is open to OTs at all experience levels.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-11-09