Registered Nurse (RN) – Northbrook Healthcare – Willits, CA
$36.00 – $42.00 per hour
Northbrook Healthcare in beautiful Northern California is currently seeking full time and part time RNs for both day and night shifts. We are proud of our small 5 Star Medicare Rated facility and our warm and caring staff. As part of an Ensign affiliated skilled nursing facility, you will enjoy an amazing culture that includes core values of customer second (employees first!) and love one another. We provide competitive hourly wages, excellent benefits and paid time off, the option to be paid daily, and a comprehensive orientation program. If you love helping people and being part of a dedicated team, join us in providing meaningful and rewarding care to our deserving residents and enjoy small town life in the charming town of Willits.
Your duties in the position will be to provide primary care to specific residents under the medical direction and supervision of the resident’s attending physicians or the medical director of the facility with an emphasis on assessment, illness prevention and health care management. The position requires completion of an accredited nursing program and an active license in the state of California.
Some of the duties will include:
- Confer with the Medical Director and the attending physician regarding specific residents assigned to you.
- Consult with the physician concerning resident evaluation and assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning and developing the nursing services to be performed for the resident.
- Determine when to refer the resident to a physician for evaluation, supervision, or directions.
- Perform administrative duties regarding assigned residents, such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
- Supervises and assists in management of the infection control program including ensuring that personal protective equipment is used in the handling of infectious materials by nursing personnel.
- Observes medication passes and treatments to ensure quality.
- Administer services within the applicable scope of nursing practice, which may include: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as appropriate and in accordance with applicable standards.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that adequate stock levels of medications, medical supplies and equipment are maintained.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2023-02-23